- A Return to Education Form is now required for each pupil returning to school. This form is available through your Aladdin school app or alternatively you can download it off our website. From Sunday afternoon you will be able to complete the form for Monday on The Aladdin app. It will not be available to 3rd-6th class parents before Sunday afternoon to ensure you are filling in the form close to your child's return. If completing manually via the website or the attachment to this email please complete on Sunday evening or Monday morning and drop into the office on Monday morning or email a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. This form will now need to be completed anytime your child is returning to school from an absence, the Aladdin app is therefore a more convenient option. If you have any difficulties with the app please contact the school office or if you forget there are hard copies available in the school foyer.
- The school gates will open at 8.50 each morning. Parents are asked not to drop children before the school opens. Congregating at school gates is a concern for Public Health and schools have been asked to emphasise to parents the dangers of such congregations. Our drop off time is from 8.50 to 9.20 which should allow plenty of time for parents to safely drop their children and avoid build ups of adults or pupils at the gates. In the first two weeks, parents have been excellent and there has been no build up either in the morning or evening with greater numbers next week this will become more challenging. Parents utilising bus transport should check with their provider that children will not be arriving at the school before 8.50.
- Collection times for classes are as follows: Junior Infants 1.30, Senior Infants 1.40, First Class 2.30, Second Class 2.32, Third Class 2.34, Fourth Class 2.36, Fifth Class 2.38, Sixth Class 2.40. Infant parents should collect their children from the classroom door, observing social distancing and ensuring they wear a face covering. All other class parents should wait outside the school gate observing social distancing and we would recommend wearing a face covering.
- Any parent or visitor entering the school grounds is now asked to wear a face mask/covering. Spare masks are available in the school foyer should you forget a mask any day.
- Our tracksuit and uniform procedure continues as pre-Christmas. School tracksuit Monday, Wednesday and Friday and school uniform Tuesday and Thursday.
- As before we ask parents to limit the items children bring to school. Please only bring what the teacher has requested, for Monday this will be their drink and lunch plus bringing back any books that were sent home. Please ensure that any items coming into school have been sanitised.
- Section 5 of the Covid19 Response Plan for schools which is available on our website will give parents more information on Infection Prevention Control Measures. In short the message is simple - If infection is not introduced to the school setting it cannot be spread. We are all dependent on one another so it is very important that all parents know the signs/symptoms of Covid19. The advice is that no person with symptoms or who lives with a person with symptoms or who has been identified by the HSE as a close contact should attend school. In such circumstances parents should contact their doctor to arrange a test.
- If you have travelled outside of Ireland recently you should consult and follow the latest government advice in relation to foreign travel and should contact the school before your child returns. A minimum two-week period should elapse between the return to Ireland and a return to school in consideration of every other child's health.
- If a child exhibits any symptoms of Covid19 in school ie temperature, cough, shortness of breath, reporting loss of smell/taste the child will be brought to an isolation area and parents will be contacted to collect the child as soon as possible. In such cases parents should contact their doctor for advice before returning the child to school.
- All communication with the school should be via phone or email as much as possible. The school office will be open as usual from 9.00 to 2.40, it is possible to call to the office but please ensure you wear a face mask and respect only one person in the foyer area at a time.
- Many resources have been developed for parents by government. These resources are available on the government website www.gov.ie or google Covid resources for parents.
- If there is a case of Covid19 in the school public health will advise the school of the measures to be taken and they will contact all close contacts. Parents are asked to co-operate with public health should this occur.
- The school will be treating each class as a unit and we will be doing our best to limit interactions between different classes before, during and after school. Within classes children will be working at their tables in groups/pods however they will be in the same room and on the same yard space so interactions with other groups in their class is unavoidable.
- Public health informs us that ‘schools are safe’ and the evidence does show that transmission in schools, both to children and adults, has been very low compared to other settings. However, there can be no absolute guarantee that schools can be totally Covid safe in relation to the spread of the virus within schools. The BoM & staff will continue to work to make our school as safe as possible through the implementation of infection control measures and by putting key safety measures in place to deal with the identified concerns and eliminate transmission risks where possible.
While there is undoubtedly a long road ahead with Covid19, we hope that the worst of this pandemic is behind us and that there will be no further school closures this year or in the years to come. In particular, we hope that as vaccines are rolled out it will be safe for us all to meet again. In the meantime, should you have any questions, suggestions or queries in relation to the reopening of the school, please feel free to contact the school and we will try to assist you.
Looking forward to seeing our 3rd to 6th classes on Monday.