Our school will re-open on Wednesday 1st September 2021 at 8.50am for all pupils.
New Opening/Closing Times
The Board of Management following consultation with parents has decided to change the school opening time to 8.50 with a resultant change to school closing times of 1.30 for infants and 2.30 for all other classes. The school gate will open at 8.50 each morning and children will walk directly to their classes. Parents are asked to ensure that their children are not dropped to school before 8.50 and the school takes no responsibility for children left outside the school by parents before this time. Parents have twenty minutes from 8.50 to 9.10 in which to drop their children to school. After 9.10 children are late for school and will have to enter the school via the main door and office where their time will be recorded.
Infants should be collected from their classes each afternoon at 1.30. Parents are asked to observe social distancing and to wear a mask while on school grounds. All other classes will finish school at 2.30 and parents should collect children at the school gate.
Children are expected to wear their school uniform (school jumper, grey shirt, school tie, grey trousers/skirt/pinafore, black socks/tights and plain black footwear) to school everyday except on PE days or when instructed by staff. On PE days children should wear their school tracksuit with runners. This year the school has introduced a new half zip top. Both the new top and the old tracksuit are both acceptable and can be worn with plain black unbranded bottoms.
Parents are reminded that the uniform exists to assist parents and to eliminate competition, teasing and bullying amongst pupils. Hairstyles and jewellery form part of our uniform code and parents should ensure that children's hair is kept clean and natural (no colour, dyes or designs/lines cut into the hair) and that long hair is tied back. With regard to jewellery only a watch and a single pair of stud earrings in the ear lobe are allowed. Please do not send your child to school with a single earring, bracelets, rings or other piercings.
School Books and Resources
Books have been purchased for all children participating in the book rental scheme. Payment for school book rental and resources (€140) can be made up until the 30th September. Parents who have decided to purchase their own books are reminded that payment for resources (€100) should be made by 30th September. Please pay via the link sent from the school office which will be sent again in September.
New Junior Infants
We look forward to welcoming our new junior infants, many of whom attended the recent summer camp. Parents are reminded to drop and go on the first morning and to remember that collection is at 12.00 until Monday 20th September.
Our congratulations to Ms. Dunne whose first child was born during the summer. Ms. Dunne will be replaced by Ms. Phelan who will be teaching 1st class for the duration of the maternity leave. We wish to welcome Ms. Phelan and hope that she will enjoy working in our school.
The Department of Education has issued updated guidance to schools which has been adopted by the school. Overall there is little change to the protocols introduced last year. Please check the link on the Covid updates page on our website for the latest advice to parents.
Other information which may be of some assistance to parents/guardians in preparing for the return to school.
- Monitor your child's health on a daily basis, watch out for out of the ordinary symptoms and keep them home from school if they are unwell.
- Inform the school of any underlying health condition your child may have, particularly asthma, which could be taken to be a symptom of Covid-19.
- Teach and model good hygiene practices for your children, including proper hand washing, sanitising, disposing of tissues, cough & sneeze etiquette and developing awareness of the need to avoid touching face, eyes, mouth and nose.
- Discuss with your child what they should do if they feel unwell during the school day (inform a staff member). Explain they will be taken to an isolation area, you will be contacted and they will be offered a mask if the symptoms are Covid related. You will collect them as soon as possible and if a Covid symptom will have to contact your GP.
- School Bags
- Children can bring their school bag to school. School bags should always be put on the bag racks in class and not left on the floor.
- Lunchboxes & drinks bottles
- Children should bring their lunch with them every day in their lunchbox. Lunchboxes should be washed every evening and likewise drinks bottles.
- Please remember your child is expected to bring a healthy lunch each day. Fruit, vegetables, a sandwich/roll, a natural yogurt are all acceptable. No crisps, chocolate, sweets or high sugar foods please. Water is the best drink, no fizzy drinks please.
- Face Coverings
- It is not presently recommended that primary school children wear a face mask so your child will not be expected to wear one in school.
- Personal hand sanitiser
- There are hand sanitiser dispensers throughout the school which along with our other hand washing facilities are more than adequate. Please do not give bottles of hand sanitiser to your child.
- As the school is trying to minimise risk we ask all parents to keep requests for face to face meetings to a minimum. Most communication if possible should happen via phone, email, school diary or request at the school office.
- All school communications will now issue through the school app, website, text, email or phone.
- School payments
- The majority of parents now pay remotely. We would ask all parents to avoid paying cash at the office if at all possible and to utilise the payment links sent from the school office.
- School App
- If you do not have the school app, contact the school office for details on how to download and to receive an access code.